Accessible Customer Service Plan
Ontario’s Accessibility Standard for Customer Service is simply about providing good customer service to everyone.
Providing Goods and Services to People with Disabilities
The Centre for Family Medicine is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
We will ensure that our staff is trained and familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods or services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises.
Training For Staff
The Centre for Family Medicine will provide training to employees, volunteers and others who deal with the public or other third parties on their behalf.
Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard;
- A review ofThe Centre for Family Medicine’s accessible customer service plan;
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities;
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person;
- How to use the assistive devices available on-site or otherwise that may help with providing goods or services to people with disabilities;
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing The Centre for Family Medicine’s goods and services;
- Staff will also be trained when changes are made to your accessible customer service plan.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way The Centre for Family Medicine provides goods and services to people with disabilities can complete the Feedback form provided at each location by the suggestion box, via e-mail to email@example.com or verbally to any staff member. All feedback will be directed to Sylvia Decker, Accessibility Coordinator. Customers can expect to hear back within five (5) working days. Complaints will be addressed according to our organization’s regular complaint management procedures.
Modifications To This Or Other Policies
Any policy of The Centre for Family Medicine that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.