Zero Tolerance Policy
The Centre for Family Medicine is committed to providing a safe, secure and respectful environment for all patients and staff.
Words or actions that make others feel threatened or demeaned will not be tolerated and decisive action will be taken to protect patients and staff.
Immediate action will be taken when incidents described below occur.
Individual(s) may be asked to leave, the police may be called or the individual(s) may face dismissal from our practice.
The Centre for Family Medicine considers the use of inappropriate words, actions or inactions as disruptive behaviour.
- Violence (physical attacks or threats of harm)
- Throwing, damaging property or breaking things
- Unwelcomed physical contact
- Failure to observe CFFM policies and/or contracts
- Refusing to leave the property
Inappropriate Words (in person, by phone, or any means of communication):
- Abusive language and yelling
- Disrespectful or demeaning language/comments
- Remarks, jokes or innuendos that degrade, ridicule or offend
- Discriminatory remarks
- Threats or threatening behaviour
- Sexual Harassment