We don’t use email for everything, take a look at our guidelines to know what we respond to.
Please note we DO NOT accept emails for the following:
- Regarding new medical issues
- Asking for physician diagnosis or medical advice
- Requesting to book an appointment (you can do this online!)
- Receiving photos (unless asked for by your physician)
- For medical emergencies or when information is needed urgently
- For any frivolous, commercial, or unapproved purpose.
If your email was related to any of the above, please call our office to book an appointment, or book an appointment online (if available) with your physician to discuss. https://family-medicine.ca/book-an-appointment/
We will do our best to respond as timely as we can, however we do not monitor this inbox outside of Monday to Friday business office hours. If you haven’t received an email response within 3 business days, please assume that your email was not received and call the office to follow up.
We will use reasonable means to protect the security and confidentiality of information sent and received using email. However, because of the risks outlined below, we cannot guarantee the security and confidentiality of electronic communications:
• Use of electronic communications to discuss sensitive information can increase the risk of such information being disclosed to third parties.
• Despite reasonable efforts to protect the privacy and security of electronic communication, it is not possible to completely secure the information.
• Employers and online services may have a legal right to inspect and keep electronic communications that pass through their system, within and outside of Canada.
• Electronic communications can introduce malware into a computer system, and potentially damage or disrupt the computer, networks, and security settings.
• Electronic communications can be forwarded, intercepted, circulated, stored, or even changed without the knowledge or permission of the Physician or the patient.
• Due to the sensitivity of the information, we recommend that you do not use a shared email.
The Centre for Family Medicine Family Health Team