- Patient Info
- Uninsured Services
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Your Privacy
- Your Accessibility
- Patient Complaint Resolution
- Patient Input – Surveys
- Clinics, Services & Programs
- Inquiries & Employment
Inter-Professional Education: Social Work
Social work students will learn to function as a team member within a dynamic inter-disciplinary health care team and will be mentored by experienced interprofessionals. Students will have exposure to teaching, research and clinical opportunities within a supportive environment.
Other professionals a student may encounter include: physicians, pharmacists, nurse practitioners, nurses, chiropractor and dietitian.
What makes our learning experience different?
- students are exposed to a progressive interprofessional learning environment that is highly supportive of learning
- a diversity of learning goals supported by experienced and academic professionals associated with Wilfrid Laurier and McMaster University
- a spectrum of clinical modalities involving individual, marital, family and group populations
- the potential to participate in primary care research
Dr. Colleen McMillan, PhD.
Cathy Voisin, MSW, RSW, RMFT