WW WHEELCHAIR AND SEATING CLINIC
The WW (Waterloo Wellington) Wheelchair and Seating Clinic is led by a Registered
Occupational Therapist who:
- provides wheelchair and seating assessment and prescription
- consults and collaborates with clients, vendors, community therapists and other
members of a patient’s care team
- is an Authorizer for the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care Assistive
Devices Program (ADP)
The clinic sees people with a variety of diagnoses including Spinal Cord Injury, Acquired
Brain Injury, Cerebral Palsy, Multiple Sclerosis, ALS, Spina Bifida and other complex
neurological and orthopedic diagnoses, etc.
- The clinic is fully accessible and equipped with a hi-lo exam table, overhead lift
and wheelchair scale.
- Initial assessment is by telephone appointment.
- Seating clinics take place Friday mornings or, in some circumstances, by home-
- Patients are required to arrange their own transportation to the clinic or discuss
the option for home visits during the initial consultation with the OT.
Criteria for Referral
- Adults (18+) in WW LHIN
- Valid Ontario Health Card
- For patients who need to be assessed and fitted for seating and/or a wheelchair
Referrals may come from any of:
- Home and Community Care (LHIN)
- primary care or other healthcare practitioners
- community-based agencies
Making a referral
16 Andrew Street (Located at Conrad Medical Centre)
Kitchener, Ontario N2H 5R2
(Friday mornings by appointment only)