The Centre for Family Medicine Family Health Team is a member of the Ontario Telemedicine Network (OTN). OTN is a world leader in telemedicine. With the use of innovative technology, they help bring more patients the care they need, where and when they need it.
A telemedicine appointment is just like a regular appointment; only the specialist you see and speak with is on a monitor. OTN is free to residents of Ontario.
What does OTN offer patients?
- Access to a specialist from anywhere in Ontario
- Timely diagnosis and treatment
- Reduced travel time, disruption to work, and school
- Reduced cost and inconvenience of travelling
- Once the patient checks into the telemedicine site, usually 25 Joseph St., the Telemedicine Coordinator explains the process and equipment.
- The length of the appointment will vary depending on the discipline and physician.
- Tele-diagnostic equipment, such as the patient exam camera, may be used to assess patients.
- Typically, the Telemedicine Coordinator will stay in the room with the patient for the consultation. The patient is welcome to bring a family member or friend with them.
- Appointments take place in private, secure rooms and the examination can only be seen and heard by those involved in the consultation.
Read the Patients and Families brochure for more information
Telemedicine Services Offered at CFFM
- Physical Medicine (Physiatry)
- Psychiatry – Geriatric, Adult, Reproductive, and Child and Youth
- Wound Care